Apr 27, 2013

Drawing and Painting Flowers



Spring is the perfect time to start painting the beautiful flowers in our gardens. If you nave never drawn flowers it is good to practice. They are wonderful subjects and right in our back yards! I will take my camera in the car with me this time of year and if I see a place with beautiful flowers I will often stop and take some shots for my files.
A good way to learn about flowers is to print off coloring pages and shade the flowers with colored pencils. Here are some ideas to get you motivated!

This is a painting I did of Oriental Poppies you can use the drawings below to practice on.






















No comments:

New Free Pattern Blog

New Free Pattern Blog
Sharon Teal Coray has a new blog offering free patterns! Updated often! Check it out!