Apr 22, 2012

Adventures with Jill


By Jill Smith

What the heck is wrong with this picture!



OK I am starting to paint more and I am loving it but I have one big problem......I am starting to feel like I am being selfish for taking this time every day just for me...yep little ole me!  Who said I was had the right to do this? I mean after all shouldn't I be doing the household chores and the laundry?  Boy my inner voice is really having a hey day with me!
I never want anyone to think I am a selfish person, but lately the more time I spend on painting the more guilt I feel!
OK.... what is wrong with this thinking? I don't want to be racked with feelings of guilt...but I so love the time I spend painting. Is that bad? Is it selfish?

Since I am feeling this way I decided to try to figure out how time spent painting will help me instead of making me feel guilty. So here goes nothing............
Does this make me a better person?  Well I think that is a no-brainer, I have noticed that I have been a lot less stressed and more care-free since I started painting. I am happier than I used to be that is for sure!

SOOOOO,  if I am happier and nicer to be around my family will certainly benefit from this! OK so there is one reason...hmmmmmm...

I am finding that I feel like I have helped a few of my friends to start doing something creative, one has taken up beadwork and the other is into pottery. So that is a good thing...
Wow! I have actually inspired others...yes that is a good thing and not selfish!

I have found that the more I learn the more I want to share with my art friends, it would be selfish not to...so I am good here.
Looking at what I have written I now feel like I am a very good person who deserves some time to do what I love, after all we are all here for such a short time why not enjoy each day and do what you love? 

 That is if you have all you chores done! LOL! 


New Free Pattern Blog

New Free Pattern Blog
Sharon Teal Coray has a new blog offering free patterns! Updated often! Check it out!