Dec 3, 2011

Studio Tips Hand Sanatizer





A few days ago I was working on a project and I had applied a base coat of black and had the design on with a coat of gesso. I looked at the design and definitely hated it !
So spending after a couple of hours working I was not liking what I did and seeing the design was on an expensive object I got a little sick as to what I was going to do.
Then the light bulb went on...I remembered a conversation I had with a friend. She told me that she uses Hand Sanitizer to clean her brushes with when they have dried. She also said she keeps a little pile of it on her palette to run her brush through before she cleans it in her basin. She said it removes the toughest paints! So I grabbed my large refill bottle I bought at Sam's Club and applied a thick coat of it all over the surface. I then waited about ten minutes and took paper towels and presto all the dried paint came off with no damage to my surface. Whew...........
Since then I have found it will remove acrylic paint from my clothes too!
What an inexpensive fix!
Sharon Teal-Coray

New Free Pattern Blog

New Free Pattern Blog
Sharon Teal Coray has a new blog offering free patterns! Updated often! Check it out!