May 31, 2011

Interesting Techniques

I was looking around the net for natural brush cleaners and ran onto this site. The product they are using to create with is called Citra Solv.

This versatile citrus solvent is a natural, powerful degreaser that cleans your toughest stains while filling your home with fragrance. It’s available in Valencia Orange (a sweet, juicy and delightfully effervescent scent) and Bergamot Lavender (a refreshing, beautifully delicate fragrance).
I found this at my local grocery store, I just got through trying it out in my Shining Feather Soft Scrub Basin....WOW! This works with oils like nothing I have ever used and it is safe! Used with my brush basin with the soft scrub brushes in the bottom, is the best way to remove the oils from your brushes!
Now you can protect you health while thoroughly cleaning your brushes!

Citra Solv natural solvent does not contain petroleum distillates, which are highly toxic substances. And exposure to “regular” turpentine can be extremely dangerous, even in small amounts.
I simply filled my basin cleaning area half full and used it to clean my brushes as I painted. The instructions says to put it in a glass jar with a lid and keep using it so I poured it into a large pickle bottle and it is ready for next time!
BUT WAIT......  This interesting product can be used in some very interesting ways, you can use it to transfer photos onto fabric,paper, vellum, acetate,faux suede and metal.
Many artists are creating beautiful collages using National Geographic Magazines, once the pages are sprayed with this product it changes everything and the results are really amazing.
They have a gallery of artists work with this as well as Artist Trading Cards. Plus some really helpful videos showing how to use it!
Here is where you can see this:

Here is one of the art pieces I thought was interesting on the site










No comments:

New Free Pattern Blog

New Free Pattern Blog
Sharon Teal Coray has a new blog offering free patterns! Updated often! Check it out!